Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Butterfly...

Hey everyone! Hope your all having a great week so far?!! It's been a minute since my last post, I've been running around all over the place (not just inside my home,either lol)!

So for my post today, I share with you a card I made last night. I wasn't planning on actually making a card, I was playing around with some of my supplies and all of a sudden....I was making a card! :)

I had a piece of scalloped chipboard, which I took some tissue paper (crumpled it up and then uncrumpled it). I placed some Mod Podge in Matte on my chipboard piece, using a foam brush. Then added my crumpled tissue paper on top, pressing down and working my fingers towards the edges of the circle. I added a second coat of tissue paper on top of my first one (doing the same steps again). After drying, I used some red wire I had and wrapped in around my chipboard a couple times and then curled the two ends. For my butterfly, I used an older clear stamp set I had and stamped it on gold paper (cut it out). I then added some clear rhinestones, put some foam squares on the back and adhered it to my piece of chipboard. I took a white piece of cardstock and inked it up some and then attached my 'piece' to the center.
I usually put some kind of greeting on the front of my cards but I left this one blank. I didn't want to take away from my creation. I think it worked out great?!
Thank you for stopping by today! =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Shelley, what a neat technique! Funny how it all happened when you weren't expecting to even make a card! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty. i love the inking around the edges...almost a halo effect.

    ReplyDelete