Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My 100th Post!!!

Hey everyone, hope your all enjoying your day!! :) I can't believe I am on my 100th post!! Wow! That's quite a bit of cards!! So, seeing this post was ACTUALLY gonna be my 100th post, I wanted to make an extra special card for it! :)

Okay, so let me be honest. The card I actually ended up doing, was not even nowhere in my head to do it! I was having a hard time, thinking what to do. I was playing around with a number of things and was gonna do something with 100 in it somehow. Though, nothing was really grabbing me nor working for me. :( Well, with a little more time and playing around....I think I managed to get something great done up! I either failed this card completely, or hit the nail on the head?!! You can be the judge on that! :)


To do my background, I just ripped up some paper and used the ripped pieces as masks. Alternating each piece and color. I used some dye ink pads and some of those cotton pieces, you put on wood block, which has velcro attached to it (you may have no idea what I'm talking about, but I can't think of the name I'm looking to say!). You can probably, even just use a cotton ball or make up pad?! :)

For this card, I added no embellishments. I usually always add a little something! Whether, it be rhinestones, pearls, etc...something! But I truly thought, what I did with the card was enough?...

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the effect you created with distress inks Shelly. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful background! the colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete