Saturday, July 21, 2012

Let's mix it up!

Hey everyone, hope your all having a great weekend!! I had a fun filled day at the beach yesterday and now, today is a somewhat 'take it easy' day! :) I've been playing with Casual Fridays for the past couple challenges. And today, I'm playing again! I've been somewhat on a roll lately...also, I made it into the 'contenders' list again! Woohoo! :)

So, here's my card!



I wanted to do something fun and different. So, what I did for this card was...To get my glitters the way I did, I took a black piece of cardstock. I put some glue on top of my cardstock and put it on, in the shape of a starburst/flower (sadly, you'll never get the same shape but that's what makes each card different).

You can really do, any shape you like.

 After putting on my glue, I used a scrap piece of paper and placed it on top (pressing firmly down and not moving the paper around).

My cardstock is textured, that I'm using. That's where the different 'lines' come in at.


 I then took it off.


 After, I placed my colored cardstock on the black cardstock with glue (I did not add anymore glue, just used what was left on there) (again, pressing firmly and not moving it around).

As you can see when you pull off your cardstock, you can see some lines.

Again, using textured cardstock. Depending on how you set your first piece of cardstock, then placing this one down. That's how you'll get your lines.


 When I lifted off my colored cardstock, I then used three different colors of glitter.

Yes, the black will bleed. If you do not like this, you could just use white cardstock. I thought the black, gave it somewhat a outline and cool effect to it. You could also try other colors as well.

 I put little color, here and there. Then added another color, doing the same thing and so on.


After putting my colors on (as the above picture shows), I tapped off the access and just replied the glitter, all mixed up. 

 It was a messy project but I like what, I got out of it!

It's something different everytime! Compare this card, to my card on my post.

 It somewhat reminded me, of what you used to do in school. Having a piece of paper and putting glue in the middle, then closing it together. Then you have your butterfly, when you open it back up. Ahh, maybe that's just me?.... :)

Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Also, don't forget to head on over to Casual Fridays, so you can play along!! :)

P.S.
Hopefully, these photo's will show a better example of what I did?! :) You'll have to forgive me, as I'm not always the best at explaining things on paper...in this case, blogging about them! :)

5 comments:

  1. this is super pretty.. I am kind of confused on how you did it.. I would love to see a video tutorial on how this was made :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and what a great technique!! Thanks for the tutorial...well done and very helpful ...will have to try this:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking technique! Your tutorial is fantastic and I love the movement the glittered shape adds to the card!
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love the mix of color and that is a cool result. Thanks for sharing your process...I love interesting ways to make a card unique. The sentiment is perfect for your design. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun technique!! Love the effect of the pastel glitter with the black and white - very fun and dramatic all at the same time!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete