Sunday, December 23, 2012

Make a wish

Hey y'all! I'm back today, to share a card I made for the current Casology challenge!!

I really got down to the wire, on this one! After seven (yes, seven.) mess ups, I finally got my card right! One thing about being a perfectionist, is I don't let little things slide. So, when I see the slightest crook in something, I keep fixing/trying/start over until it's straight to me (I'm that bad)! And that's what led me to waste seven cards...I couldn't get my sentiment straight...until now (my eighth card)!!



So, I saw "star" and thought about it. What came to me, was a twinkling star. You ever look up in the sky and out of all the stars, you find that one that seems to stand out, from the others?....Well, I always seem to find it that way.



For my card, I used some refill ink on a paint brush and flicked it onto my card for a bunch of stars. I then added my one little 'stand out' star. To make it stand out even more, I added a little rhinestone in the middle of it.



Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day!! Merry Christmas! :)



6 comments:

  1. Shelly, I love this sweet star and the CAS design...perfect! Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, so subtle. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the most CAS card I've ever seen! Love that the image is so small and yet the impact of it along with the sentiment is so big! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week! You're a star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card really brought a serious smile to my face! Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so... your card is FREAKIN' BRILLIANT!! i absolutely LOVE seeing where each cue word takes you cuz they take you to some mighty fine cards!! thanks for playing along with CASology each and every week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the simplicity of this, Shelly! The way you've put the focus on the sweet star is fantastic and the sentiment is absolutely perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete