Thursday, July 11, 2013

Smile

Hey y'all! I'm happy to stop in today! I know it's been a minute. Just to fill you all in, I've been quite sick. Even as I'm writing this, it's wearing me out! I normally don't get sick much, at least not like this. Today, I still have a sore throat/cough, no voice, and still feel weak, some. Terrible. Though it started out with a fever and chills and all that other stuff. No fun! At least, I am getting better and not worse. ;)

Okay, so now to my card. Yes, I have a card! Though, it took me hours because of how I feel and I'm just not feeling my whole 'creative' side of me. I sure hope that comes back! ;)

While I was browsing some blogs, I came across the current Case this Sketch challenge. Quite the fun little sketch they have! :) Here's what I came up with!



Well, I don't even know if this card is good or not?!....I tweaked the sketch, just a little. Hopefully, you can still 'see' the sketch in my card?...

For the background part, I choose to put it off to the right, rather than the middle. For the banner part, I decided no banner. Instead, adding my sentiment more off to the left and slightly, overlapping my background. And last for the 'bird' part of the sketch, I went with enamel dots. Either, it works or it doesn't?... ;)

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your day! :) I hope to see you all soon!


13 comments:

  1. Sooo sweet, love the graphic feel and the fun choice of colours!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job of capturing the sketch. Bravo that you could create something while being sick. I had bronchitis around Mother's Day and I was miserable for four weeks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Shelly! I love, love, love the graphics. And those colors are fabulous together.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the graphic take on the sketch and that bold sentiment! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! This card is beautiful stamped and I love the way you kept it CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've got a winner here. Love the pink diamonds with the minty green enamel dots. Lots of lovely white space too. It's perfectly CAS! Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. woow a clever interpretation on the sketch...nice color combo too...beautifully done..

    I am joining also the challenge on CASE this Sketch..would you like to see it on my blog...my card is number 68 I would be glad if you could leave me some love...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can totally see the sketch in your design and I love what you did!! Those fun little sparkly diamond shapes are awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete