Friday, January 30, 2015

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge

Hey y'all! Happy Friday! :)

Today, we have a fun new challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!



So, here's what I came up with.


I really love all the different watercolor techniques, that are out there! With so many different choices, it's sometimes hard to choose exactly what you wanna do. ;) I went with a pretty basic watercolor technique and choose to have a couple of different 'washes' and then just added it directly to my paper. To speed up my drying (because I'm sometimes, impatient) I used my heat gun. After, I stamped on my '&' and 'hugs' using black ink. Then added my heart and sequins. So, what do you think?!...

Be sure to swing on over to CAS-ual Fridays and see all the DT creations! And while you're there, I hope you'll join us?!!...

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!

CAS-ual Fridays Supplies:

CAS-ual Fridays Mwah stamp set


14 comments:

  1. You just know how to use only a couple of elements in the most creative and effective way Shelly!
    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great and I love it. The soft wash of pink with the big sentiment and veneer heart is swoon-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS at its BEST! I honestly can' take away any element from this card...but you did it ( no more, no less)! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really like this card, Shelly!! It's got a happy vibe to it - perfect amount of watercoloring, and texture in the sequins and the little heart that don't overwhelm the card. It's really lovely. And white space. Lots of white space that makes this card perfect! You've created a beauty here. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a REALLY awesome design!! LOVE your sequins and touch of softness!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Love that pop of pink and the placement of sequins and wood heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do I think??? this is really soft with your pink water color and that sequin add great texture and the sentiment ooooh to die FOR...CAS perfection my friend..hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that bit of watercoloring and perfectly placed sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So smart that you have a heart for your "love" & hugs!! Great sentiment treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS card, love the watercolouring & wooden heart :)

    ReplyDelete