Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Congratulations

Hey y'all! Happy Tuesday!
Hope all is well?!...

My week has just been off to a rough start. I'm not sure if it's something in the air or what?!...But people have just been getting on my nerves. lol I've been trying to avoid going out and whatnot, though even the few minutes or so of having to get my kids from school has been too much! Ugh. I'm hoping by the end of this week things will start looking better. Keyword: hoping. ;)

Anyhow, I'm stopping in today to share a card I made for the current Virginia's View Challenge! For this challenge, it's all about the 'focal point'.


Of course I kept things simple. ;)


I randomly stamped my flowers on white cardstock. Then, colored the biggest one with markers. Which I chose not only the biggest flower to color, but I chose to use bright/bold colors as well. After, I added my sentiment (which I made a banner with) and then added some gold sequins. Nice and easy, right?!...


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Enjoy your day and see y'all soon!

P.S.
I have some scheduled posts coming up later this week. I'm not sure if I'll be around much or able to post anything else before hand?...In case you haven't seen the news or heard anything, Hurricane Matthew is headed for us this Thursday/Friday. We are under State of Emergency due to how strong the winds will be and the rain. Also, if things shift with the 'high/low pressures' it could even have a bigger impact on us. We are just staying alert and getting a few things 'just in case' though, I'm sure will be just fine...(this wouldn't be our first rodeo.) ;) For anyone else that may be impacted, be safe.



7 comments:

  1. Your card is AMAZING! I pray your week smooths out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, chic, and stunning! Wowzas! I hope you'll be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you. This card has such a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I really love how the red flower pops!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First: I hope that you're spared the frenzy of Hurrican Matthew and that he 'peters out' from exhaustion in the very near future! Sending prayers that you'll be safe!
    Second: I soooo hear you about frazzled nerves and feeling 'peopled-out'! I'm experiencing the same thing, pretty much since school started! I just want to be left alone and do little else but craft. Where is that lottery win! *grin*
    Third: a zillion x million apologies for falling behind in commenting! I blink and suddenly, I'm 17 posts behind! YIKES! As long as you know I ADORE your cards, that's what counts...and I certainly do!
    Finally: your C9 card here is fantastic! I have that set and have tried umpteen times to do something with it, but fail continually! Water-colouring doesn't work for me; I don't have 'pretty' markers and pencil crayons just don't seem to do it justice. Even though it's received a ton of attention (almost obsessively so!), no results of note accomplished. Seeing your 'clean and striking' take here has sparked new motivation...perhaps I'll give it another bout once we're back from our Thanksgiving (already!) weekend with my husband's family...
    Hugs galore!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. An absolutely perfect design, Shelly. So happy you won the GC at Virginia's too. Was Matthew kind to you?

    ReplyDelete